Friday, October 21, 2011

More than I can chew?

Busy, busy, busy, busy!

I left my mom’s house the other day, and wanted to laugh at myself…again? I go to my mom’s about twice a week to see how all is going and share what’s been going on with my life during the days away. But, it seems over the last weeks (yes, I’ve lost count) when my mom asks what’s been going on, my reply has become a standard: Work, work and more work.


To catch everyone up and to share with any new readers, I have many jobs…all I love. From nine to five (hours vary depending on the day) I work for the headqurters of the Marine Corps reserve forces as their main webmaster, design and developer, and now taking on roles that fall under the section’s information management. From around six at night until—well let’s say twelve in the morning, I spend time with my wife watching TV as well as working as a web designer/developer for clients of our company, Otherworlds Publicity. This does not include the favors my wife and I do for friends regularly.


Now, as many of you know, I do play on Facebook and other platforms, but what isn’t well known, is that if I don’t take five minutes here or there, I’d lose my mind (I am laughing here). There is only so much code one mind can take in a twenty-four-hour period before it crashes. I know this now because of some nights, coming home from work, I’ve done nothing but crash until about six or six-thirty when I wake and go back to work…some nights I don’t get back up until nine then crash again at mid-night.

The good news? I’m actually getting caught up again! I will be able to have a day job until at least next summer when we play the game of continued contracting for another fiscal year and I start to stress out about if the command knows my worth or not. This translates into all my imagination being put into various scripts and page designs. I’ve started to build my day-to-day rhythm back up after last year’s events, and have actually been able to sit and think of story ideas and developments once a gain.

So my friends, family and fans…stick with me as things are about to start running at full speed again!

2 comments:

  1. You amaze me daily, and you know it. There are no words to properly thank you and your beautiful wife for all you've done for me, but I hope you know it will never be forgotten or taken for granted. I'm looking forward to what creative madness is stirring in that mind of yours, too, Trent. Thank you for being such a special friend, and such an incredible person. You bless us all, even if we forget to tell you that as often as we should.

    Hugs and Love,
    Denysé

    ReplyDelete