Monday, April 23, 2012

In the Mood...


During the past couple of years, I've met many authors and made a lot more friends who all love to write. One of the most common things we share is each of us have a particular thing to help get us in the mood to write. Some listen to music while others prefer absolute quiet. Though I fall in the former category more than not, I still find myself at times bouncing to the world of quiet as well. 

Recently, I've found that television helps me to leave this reality for one of my own making. 

It does sound strange, I cannot argue with that, but, I've become fond of watching Lost while putting words on paper. During the past couple of weeks I've been watching episode after episode on one screen of my computer as I write on the other. I don't know exactly why it works that way for me at the time, but it does.

Maybe it's from being pulled into the world of the characters of the show that allows me to slip into my own world (or better yet into the alternate reality where my characters exist), or maybe it's nothing more than a simple distraction, but it's what is working for me so I don't really try questioning it anymore. 

It all boils down to one thing: I'm creating horror again and I won't complain about that.

So, friends, fans and family...what do you do to get you into the mood of your craft?
websign

2 comments:

  1. I tend to listen to the howl of wolves and that would drive some people to distraction, so it really is as individual as the writer. I think it's great that you're creating again, Trent! Can't wait to see what emerges from all this LOST and Found Inspiration. Congrats!!!

    Hugs, D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks D. Actually what I'm currently working on has nothing to do with Lost, but for some reason I get more done when it's playing :)

    ReplyDelete